Beaufort Golf Club

Golf played at Beaufort since the early 1900s 
Park Rd, Beaufort, VIC, Australia, 3373
Golfers at Beaufort, Victoria, circa 1910

Beaufort Golf Club is in the Ballarat goldfields region, at the gateway to the Pyrenees in SW Victoria. The club presents a well cared for, 18 hole golf course with grassy, tree lined fairways on lightly undulating terrain, generous greens and many scenic views. There are 4 bunkers, and a practice fairway is available.

Beaufort Golf Club is in operation all year and green fee players are welcome. The course opens daily from 8.00 am, the clubhouse from 11.00 am and the bar from 3.00 pm. Green fees are $15.00. Beaufort Annual Tournaments are held in June and August. 18 Holes, Par 70, ACR 66.8, 5435 metres. Grass greens.

Origins: Golf was originally played in Beaufort at "Southern Cross" on the eastern side of town, the site of the gun club. Then in 1906 the club gained use of land with 6 golf holes on the south side, owned by JR Wotherspoon. In 1925 they were able to buy that property and additional land was bought in 1937 and again in 1968.

Accommodation: Beaufort Lake Caravan Park is 250 metres from the club. Cabins and sites available.
More information about the area at the Pyrenees Shire and at Beaufort.

Accommodation

Caravans/ Camping
Cabins or Cottages

Course & Facilities

18 Holes
Social Players
Golf Carts
Cafe or Kiosk
Licensed, Bar
Functions
Public, Green Fees