Kingaroy Golf Club
Established in 1925 the Kingaroy Golf Club is an 18 hole Golf Course in the heart of the South Burnett. Founded by golf enthusiasts who began playing on a makeshift course bounded by Alford Street and River Road behind where the show grounds and High School are now located. On March 13th, 1925 the Kingaroy Golf Club was formed with Mr. W.J. Staines as inaugural president, C.Gill as first captain, and A.G. Elmslie as first secretary. A men’s event was planned for March 21st on an improvised 18 hole layout on the showgrounds property, which at the time encompassed the now high school grounds. At the end of the first twelve months, the membership was nearly 60. In October 1929, the club purchased 185 acres of land which is the site of the present course. 1937 saw the completion of an 18 hole course and Dr. J.C. Thompson hit the first ball at the opening on Sunday September 19th, 1937. The ladies room of the clubhouse was the former Taabinga Village State School which was obtained in 1962. Successive committees have made improvements to the course and facilities. A fairways watering system was installed in 1986, and in 2009 a new computerised pumping system was fitted. In 2011, two new greens were installed on Holes 11 and 12.