Victoria Golf Club
The Victoria Golf Club was founded in 1903. At that time the club played at Fisherman's Bend in Port Melbourne. The driving force for establishing the club was William Meader who, the year before, was one of a small group who founded the Victorian Golf Association. Today Meader is considered by many to be the 'father of Victorian Golf' [ref:VictoriaGolf.com.au]
In 1926 the club moved to its present site at Cheltenham.
The Victoria Golf Club is located just across the road from the Sandringham Golf Links and the Royal Melbourne.